what would u do??

my baby's dad left me and i'm dating someone else. He gets upset when ppl talk or ask about her dad... i dont know what to say to the ppl that ask or to him about being upset. I try to tell him that i think he's a great guy for being with me and the best dad for my lil girl... i outta things to tell him... what would u do or say??

Laurensmommy194

Asked by Laurensmommy194 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Is your baby daddy in your baby's life? Has your boyfriend picked up the role as dad?
    My fiance is not my child's biological father but in every other sense he is her daddy. When people ask about her dad I say he is at home or where ever he is. If they ask about her dad and he is standing right there I look at them like they are stupid. Sometimes he says something to them himself. So what would like to know about me?
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 5:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• tell him you can't make ppl stop asking you questions... you're with him, not the baby daddy and you're happy, what more does he want
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He needs to grow up and realize that life sometimes happens that way. You will have to tell him that you are going to tell the truth about her father if your asked. And that there needs to not be any more discussion about it because its a waste of time to be upset about something that neither of you have control over.
    tmarincic

Answer by tmarincic at 4:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He needs to get over it. People naturally assume you are with the baby daddy and when you are not they ask questions. It is nothing you can control and if he can't handle that, then move on. I mean people are going to ask for the rest of her life, so he can either get used to it or he can move on. That is life. You dtr should not have to hide her biodad and neither should you because your SO is uncomfortable. he knew you came as a package and obviously you will have some history, you have a child with someone else!
    kylie4

Answer by kylie4 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009