how could you leave your baby alone?

i always hear moms talk about how their babys fell ff the bed,couch,table ect... at least once before. my question? how? if your watching your baby how could they fall off a bed? they should never be left alone on a bed or couch(even if they cant crawl!) and after the first time WHY would you leave them on something alone again?! even my old neighbor took her dogs out then came to talk to me,then about 15 mins later said i got to get home i left the baby on the floor upstairs!!!i was floored! and then she did that about 2 more times before i moved!can someone please explain to me how this can happen???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DS has fallen off the couch a couple times. When he was 3 or 4 months and could not sit up, we would squish him in the corner of the couch so he could sit up and he managed to fling himself forward enough to roll off.

I think it happens at least once to everyone, but some people can be very careless.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 4:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OP HERE...it has never happened to me,my dd liked to sit on the couch too before she could sit up so i would prop her up in the corner too..but ONLY with me RIGHT beside her and my hand in front of her so she wouldnt fall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My children have managed to fall off the couch with me sitting right there next to them. Something like that takes seconds to happen and is not always because you are not watching them. Leaving a baby alone for 15 minutes while you're outside should never be done!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Some people have more than one child. Some people blink.. there are plenty of reasons a baby can take a tumble. Mine only took one fall, she was two year old and she was in her booster seat at the table. I thought it was hooked to the chair (we had just moved) and it wasn't. She squirmed around and the whole chair fell. She was fine, but I felt so bad. If you don't drop your baby/ let her fall when she's very little, don't worry, she'll get a little bigger, climb on something, and take a tumble. Fortunately kids are very durable.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What? Seriously that is neglect if that lady left her kid at home alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OP HERE...yes i know that is neglect...i couldnt believe she did that! i even asked (to make sure) if anyone was home with him and she said no,i explained everything that could happen and she said oh he'll be ok,he
    JUST started crawling around. hes 7 months old and starting to crawl and be left there alone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OP, I'm glad that your kid has never fallen. You can keep polishing your mom halo and be self assured that you are the greatest parent ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• <---OP. im not trying to say im a perfect mom. i know accidents happen,im mainly talking about ppl who lay a baby on a couch or bed and walk off to do something else,i just dont understand how ppl do that then act surprised when the baby falls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• never left my kid alone and if i went pee or something he was on his belly on the FLOOR or in his chair with his buckle on i would be so bad if my son fell i would feel like a bad mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my dd felt off the bed . why cuz she was sleeping and roll off. she was fine. WHAT U THINK YOUR KIDS ARE NEVER GONNA GET HURT LOL
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009