When will my baby sleep longer between feedings?

I'm breastfeeding and my baby wakes up about every two hours to eat. She's been doing so ever since she was born and she's 5 weeks now. When will she start sleeping longer inbetween feedings?

Michele_Lynn

Asked by Michele_Lynn at 4:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think every baby is different but i breastfed my baby until he was about 11 weeks and unfortunatly he was still eating every 3 hours =( Every baby is different tho
    kmb09

Answer by kmb09 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my son made it to 3 months and still waking up every 2 hours so i started giving him formula at night
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• MY DS IS 5MTS AND JUST 1 WEEK AGO HE STOP WAKING UP EVERY 2 HRS TO EAT SO GET USED TO IT. HE SLEEPS NOW 5 HRS AND THE ONCE HE WAKES UP TO EAT IS EVERY 2 HRS.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• All babies are different. Here is a link that might help. There are a lot of other articles on this stie that might be helpful as well. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/frequent-nursing.html

aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2009