Good tips for natural childbirth?

any of you ladies have any good tips on coping with natural child birth?
No bashing please I totally respect the women who have assisted births and I don't think I'm any more of a woman or anything. I just wanted to get other mommy's input.

jachelle

Asked by jachelle at 4:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I walked ALOT and had lots of support and people telling me that i can do it. use a ball and lots of diffrent movements to help the baby down and just keep in mind in the end u will have little baby in ur arms and without meds u can get out of bed and take a shower much sooner!!!!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 4:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh I'm looking forward to that part... I heard it's the best shower you've ever taken!! haha
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 5:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• IT IS!!!! your so so happy to have ur baby but u are also very very bloody and gross. I took 2 shower every day for 2 months after my son i was just so bloody...U are making a good choice with my 2nd i had meds and they didnt work and i was just in more pain from it and i was so mad at myself for giving in
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 5:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• 1. BREATHE and focus through your contraction
    2. experiment with different positions
    3. get up and walk around / try a birthing ball
    4. have GOOD support system
    5. labor at home as long as possible so you can drink lots of fluids and eat as you wish
    6. have CONFIDENCE in your body's ability to birth and let it guide you
    7. don't scream, it takes too much energy...moan while you breathe out
    8. push as you see fit and push when you feel the urge..don't "purple push" (Dr's or nurses telling you when to push and holding the push for 10s)
    9. ENJOY YOUR LABOR!

good luck Mamma!
    ((HUGS))
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have only given birth once and it was with an epidural. But it was still painful up until the point where I got the epidural! I'd try some soft music and lots of candles ( if you are having a home birth ). Focal objects....what worked best for me was pictures of trips I took with my husband. Nature sounds, ocean sounds, Enya, something soothing like that-you could play at your home or even at the hospital. Just try to imagine yourself letting go and your baby softly descending. That is what I would do. I am going to be studying to be a doula and those are some basics they told us.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• labor as much as you can at home. the earlier you go to the hospital, the more interventions your going to have; pit if you don't labor the way they want you too, etc. have a good support person w/ you (and most dh's aren't a good support person, they're like chickens running around w/ their heads cut off, lol). take an exercise ball w/ you to rock on. only let them do intermittent monitoring (i think 10 mins every hour should be good enough), that way your free to move around and labor in a position that's most comfortable to you (laying on your back the entire time will drive you crazy). you're body will tell you what's more comfortable.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Thanks girls....
    So much for all natural.. I'm getting induced in an hour!!!!
    but I'm still going to go for the no pain meds....
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 8:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2009