How Do I address My s/o moocher family? It's making me sick with stress!

My DH has family that is staying with us since they're homeless right now, They been here for 4 months, the guy "Eddie" Dosn't work and sleeps all day until 1, The Wife "Addie" she trys to work. They got two kids one is autistic she's 8 the son is 4 They don't help pay bills or buy food, they eat up all our food Addie cooks almost 8 times a day (OUR FOOD) to make her picky daughter happy but that's taking out've of my kids mouth (she throws away the cooked food!) she don't clean up after herself or her kids, Her kids breaks my kids toys more the daughter pulls off the heads of my daughters teddy bears, The mother dotes on the girl but ignores the boy it makes me so MAD cause he gets neglected when I try to praise him on how good he's been the mother starts talking about how good her daughter is. The guy smokes weed and sleeps all day how do I get them out without ruining my s/o relationship with his brother? What would you do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Health

• I am all for lending a helping hand but I think they are abusing you guys and you are enabling them. I draw a line when there are drugs involved and your child could be exposed to the fumes or residues in the clothes not to mention the negative effects of your dh's brother behavior in your children. Children observe "everything". Set a time and talk with dh is either them or us, by us I mean you and your child. Put up with this none sense no more. You need to think of your children well being first.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You have to tell him they help or YOU go.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Tell SO that he needs to put his real family (you and the kids first) and explain to him that the issues need to be resolved....NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! If he values you he should not put anyone above you and your children, and if you choose to just be silent and take the stress, you will be walked on and used for as long as you tolerate it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• yeah Noone is allowed to drink or smoke in my house but he goes outside to his car and now my neighbors are complaining... I just don't want to see those kids homeless...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009