he wont stop crying

My son has been crying almost non-stop for the last 3 days. He's 3 months old. I talked to MY doctor about it yesterday and she really didnt help a whole lot just threw out about 100 different reasons it could be, and it was all reasons i had thought of. Hes been crying a lot and spitting up a lot. Hes also fighting sleep really badly hes taking short naps here and there when hes just dead tired. She told me to get him some gas drops and i did and it doesnt seem to do anything but help the spitting up. Hes just crying and Im getting stressed id feel so much better if anyone could tell me theyve dealt with the same thing and what on earth it was from.

kmb09

Asked by kmb09 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is it reflux?

My miracle worker was swaddling, as tight as possible, even as old as 9 months old.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 4:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• for my daughter at that age, she started teething. try teething tablets see if that calms him down a bit. try some motrin as well, if he's in pain motrin should help with the pain. but those were all signs of teething for my daughter. see if she chews on your finger or does a suck/chew combo type deal if you put your finger in her mouth. feel around for teeth nubs, or look and see if you see the nubs. if you think she's teething the teething tablets are great, and so is putting a teething ring in the fridge or running it under warm water (when she was younger she liked them cold, older she liked them warm). could be reflux and you could try to change his formula or whatever you are eating if you BF. if nothing seems to work, call and insist on an appointment if you feel she needs to be seen.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i swaddled my son but it is really hot um maybe he is lactose or something in his milk that is making him fussy i hope it gets better...my son loves his belly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I had the same problem my daughter is nearly 4 months old. She would scream for hours and nothing would console her... FINALLY after telling us to use gas drops which of course didnt work he finally decided that had reflux! Reflux is TERRIBLE; You can tell she was in pain and my doctor gave her a script for AXID and a couple days later shes a different baby.. it was such a relief... I seriously doubt that its teething for 2 reasons his age and babies dont scream for hours because of teething they get fussy but not like that.
    Christie47

Answer by Christie47 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I am really sure it is reflux. Spitting up like that is the biggest symptom of it. Your Dr. sounds like an idiot.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 6:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009