WHAT AGE TO START POTTY TRAINING?

HELLO,
I KNOW MY 8 MONTH OLD IS TOO YOUNG FOR POTTY TRAINING, BUT I WANNA BE PREPARED WHEN SHE IS READY!
WHAT USUALLY IS THE GOING AGE TO START THE TRAINING??
:) THANKYOU!!

Sfirth

Asked by Sfirth at 4:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter started potty training when she was one and a half. She started taking off her diaper and would never let me put it on her. So I started sitting her on her potty and after about a month she started going to the bathroom on her own without me having to remind her every 5 minutes. She now uses the adult toilet and whenever she has to go pitty if we are outside or something she tells me so I can bring her in. She only has about 1-2 accidents due to me not running her in the house fast enough. She turned 2 in April and is fully potty trained in the day but I am still working on it at night time. Good luck
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 5:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• its more the signs that the kid shows they are ready than a specific age. recognizing they don't like being wet, going into a corner or a part of the house where they are somewhat secluded to go, things like that are hints that they realize they are about to go and that is a big factor in potty training. they won't go on the potty if they don't realize they are about to go. normally kids show those signs between 1 1/2 and 3, some kids earlier some later. my daughter is 3 1/2 and is almost fully day trained, we started when she was 2, however she has had a lot of setbacks caused by outside things (daddy deployed, had our second child, we moved etc...). i would say take your cues from your daughter and when you feel she is ready try, if you find out she's not don't stress it, go back to diapers and then try again later. unless of course your child is in daycare than i suggest starting around the age of 20 months b/c most CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• won't take a child after the age of 3 if they are not fully potty trained.
    vabchmommy

• every child is different my dd was ready around 18 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I started my oldest around 2 my youngest is 2 now and soon she will be potty training as well.
    vickilouise85

Answer by vickilouise85 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• THANKYOU LADIES!! THAT HELPS! I DIDNT WANT TO BE UNPREPARED!
    THANKYOU!!!!!
    Sfirth

Answer by Sfirth at 11:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2009