My baby is 61/2 weeks old. I stopped bleeding continuously at about 4 weeks. But since then, I don't have to be doing anything at all and I will have a sudden burst of pain and blood will gush out. It may be a few days before it happens again or a few hours. My doc says its normal but it doesn't feel normal. Has anyone had a similar experience? and was it normal?

I had a c section delivery, no outside stitches or staples, all glue and steristrps. I did recieve a tablet on my cervix to soften it but I went into labor before the induction. My incision is healed completely. Most of the time I feel fine, but when this happens I cramp really bad.

lilEsmommy

Asked by lilEsmommy at 4:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Health

• this happened with both of my kids (both csections). the incision itself may be healed, but your inside isn't totally healed. for me, it was usually after i spent a day doing normal stuff, cleaning house, running errands, chasing my oldest around, carrying the baby all day etc...i noticed that it happened more often on those days than it did on a day where i just stayed home and sat on the floor with the kids all day, it wouldn't necessarily happen when i was doing these things, but it was usually later on in the day, i'd be sitting down after the kids were asleep and it would happen. both of my doctors told me it was normal and to expect it to happen for up to 8 weeks after the c-section.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Thank you, just knowing somebody has had this before and it was ok puts me much more at ease.
    lilEsmommy

Answer by lilEsmommy at 5:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009