american bull dog/ great dane mix???

We adopted a dog and were told that she is american bull dog, but she is just like a great dane. face, stance, body structure, and she is HUGE for being 6 months. . .
we're not going to get rid of her eithor way, but would a vet be able to tell us? or are we just going to have to wonder? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pets

• A vet would have to send off for a DNA test (around $300) to be able to really tell, but he can give an educated guess. And just fyi, you lucked out if you have a great dane mix.. I have one and he is awesome! One of the best, most laid back dogs I have ever had! Also you can tell a lot better once she gets older.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Our puppy great dane is 7 months and he is 110 lbs+ at this point. He seems to add weight and height daily. You probably got a cool mix and it just looks like a dane, but you never know. Enjoy your dog.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my american bull dog weighs in at 120lbs and she is 15 months old just to give you an idea if you didnt know already shes a great dog heck my lab is more aggresive when it comes to protecting the house then she is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• petsmart has a kit you can buy that about 50. I have a dane mix too-looks just like a dane but at 4 months she's a little over 40 pounds/.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I had a dane/lab mix and he was awesome, but we lost him at 2 1/2 yrs. We now have a full-blooded dane and, at 6 months, he's about 85lbs. Danes and dane mixes are great. I love their laidback attitude. I'm sure if you'll look at plenty of pictures of both the bulldogs and the danes, you should be able to tell the characteristics of both and see what you have, especially if it is only the two breeds that are in there.
    Mrs.Frazzle

Answer by Mrs.Frazzle at 9:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• American Bull Dogs can be very large as pups but kinda grow into their body as they mature..

KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The largest difference would be the head.. If the dog has a thinner head chances are it isn't a full blooded american bulldog. Longer legs also are another key is knowing the difference but other than that they do have very similar body structures and stances. Bull Dogs are generally "thicker" around the shoulders as well.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009