Starting to potty train...tips please!!! For Boys!!!

I am about to try to start potty training my DS who will be 2 in September. I was looking for advice from mommies with boys! Did you try training sitting or standing? Any and all tips are welcomed and appreciated!

Rebecca727

Asked by Rebecca727 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Rebecca-- I potty-trained two boys at age 2. It's a lot of work for the first week, then you should be home-free. I used the all or nothing method: The diapers came off, the underpants went on and there was no turning back to diapers. I scheduled very few activities, lots of time at home, near the potty, and just made it a priority. When we did go out, we carried the little potty everywhere with us-- in the car, of course . There were some accidents, but I didn't make a big deal of it.Just have extra clothes and extra patience. Lots of praise helps. And sitting is a must at this age. They might spend hours on that potty!

You can do it. Don't let people say that boys can't be trained early. They can--just really make it a priority! Then your life will be easier, I promise.
    satellitesister

Answer by satellitesister at 12:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009