• In the Spotlight:

when did your daughter start wearing a bra?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• she is 8 and she started wearing it at the beginning of this year
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• when she was playing with mine
    NewForMe

Answer by NewForMe at 5:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My oldest just turned 9 and doesn't have a need for one yet.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my daughter just turn 10 and she is wearing a SPORTS bra. shes not that big to wear a bra bra but she needed somthing to cover them untill it came to that time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my 10 yr. old been wearing them off and on for 2 yrs. I told her this yr she has to wear them all the time. She only wears sport bras. Since I had BC surgery that's all I can wear.
    ILovetheOutdoor

Answer by ILovetheOutdoor at 10:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well my daughter is only 3 months old ll so no need yet. But I had to start wearing one at 8 by 10 I was in a B cup by 14 I was in a D! So I'm guessing she will be an early bloomer too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My 8 year old wears one, not because she needs to, but because her friends were starting to wear one and she wanted one too. She doesn't wear it every day, but I am trying to get her used to wearing it at least under her white tshirts. I got her a few at Justice For Girls, they're more sports bra looking than anything.

Answer by missanc at 2:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My oldest was 8, almost 9. She started because she needed it! She's 11 now and her cup is the same as mine, so...
    busybug

Answer by busybug at 2:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My daughter has been wearing a bra on and off for about 1year. Sis almost 10 and needs to start wearing it everyday since she has begun to develop at a faster pace.
    debbadoo71

Answer by debbadoo71 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• it depends. do her breasts bounce around when she jumps or runs? do her nipples even slightly show through her shirt? if so yes she should wear one! My 15 year old started wearing one at 12 and my 10 year old is fighting with me about it because she hates wearing them!
    mommmyof2soon

Answer by mommmyof2soon at 10:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2009