Potty chair etiquette

I just started potty training my son and so far he is doing great (keeping my fingers crossed). However, I have been staying home with him most of this week and on Friday we are supposed to go to a playdate. Is it really crazy to take our potty chair with us? He REFUSES to use the big potty with or without a seat cover.

mazonmom

Asked by mazonmom at 5:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Absolutely take it with you! If anyone is offended by the potty chair then they don't know what its like to potty train. Whatever makes your child comfortable is what matters.
    vickilouise85

Answer by vickilouise85 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• take it, its a playdate right? so the other mother should understand. just call her before hand tell her you are potty training and he only likes his chair so you'll be bringing it with you. i really would have no problem if one of my friends called me and told me this. we all have to find a way for it to work for our kids and if thats what works, than keep it up. just keep in mind, when you are out and about running errands etc he'll have to use a big potty. so maybe get a seat cover that folds and try using it at home, if he uses that instead of the potty chair he gets a reward etc so he gets used to it. (not something you have to do right this second, but it may make life easier when you need to run errands)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• ^ ^ ^
    What she said
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Take it! We took our youngest's potty everywhere we went for a couple of months. It went to friends', family's, the park, and even to church! We eventually got him adjusted to going on the big potty with a child's seat, but that then went everywhere, too, for about 4 more months.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 8:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I think I will take it with us for a while and then start working toward the travel seat for the big potty.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2009