Poping in the face?

he has started punching me in the face when i get on his level.. i hit him back (dont even think about it ANONS) but he still does this.. anyone else?

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 5:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my daughter hit me in the face, I pretended to cry. She looked shocked and I could see the little wheels in her head turning. I think she realized it made mama sad and she doesn't do it to me anymore.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• why would you hit him back?
    What is that teaching him?

I am a spanker but there is a proper way to do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't need to hide to tell you that hitting to teach NOT to hit is ABSURD. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

When you get on his level, firmly hold his hands so he CAN'T hit you.

milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my dd does when i sing! i know that i can not carry a tune. i tell her not to hit mommy. it was not a hit from anger, just bad singing. she is 2 i have never hit her
    slapped her hand lightly when she is touching something she is not suppose to , like the fan
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I definitely wouldn't hit back that isn't teaching anything and sometimes when I lose my cool I think it encourages my son more. In our house hitting is one of those completely unacceptable behaviors. I would sit him down and explain it to him and tell him he gets no warnings for hitting, but goes right into time out. The first time he does, keep your cool and say we do not hit and pick him up and put him directly into time out. Leave him there for 1-2 min. Then talk about why you put him there. Then he can get out.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 5:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would say hitting him back especially in the face is not a good idea. Number one that is mean...a swat on the butt or on the hand is all you should ever do...hitting in the face is just really mean. Now what you can do is hold his hands at his sides and firmly tell him not to hit you. It will take time but you can try that or a pop on the butt. Or put him on time out. Hitting in the face is a no no.
    vickilouise85

Answer by vickilouise85 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When my son would hit me anyhwere, I would walk away from him. The idea was that hitting makes those you love not want to be with you, which is NOT what children want. Generally, at this age, they are hitting because their hands are one of the few things they can control. If he hits to get your attention, then teach him how to do it with gentle touches. If he's hitting out of frustration, then acknowledge what's bothering him and teach him how to appropriately express his frustration. You need to learn how to not react, though, and instead to take a breath and discipline. Doing anything out of an automatic response is less beneficial than being able to stop and thing before you react and then determine what the best response actually should be. So the next time he hits you, sit on your hand and take a deep breath before you decide how to respond. Good luck!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Hitting him back to teach him that hitting is wrong? Good one! Then you wonder why he hits you in the face? LOL seriously?

How about teaching him in other ways that hitting is wrong not saying "Hitting is bad *Smack*"..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009