Something has got to change! Does that mean anything should?

Regarding healthcare, I keep hearing that something has got to change. It seems that so many are willing to go for anything as long as it is change! Our government is famous for messing things up for the sake of "change." Why would you trust them with the health of you and your family?

Simply saying it needs fixed or we have to change it isn't going to do it. Neither is going with the first fly by night idea someone puts out there.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 5:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I just wish they (whoever they is) could find a way to make it affordable so that every single person in the us can have and actually use it. for instance my mother in law has health insruance through work but when she gets sick or whatever she still doesnt go to the doctor cause she cant afford the co pay and the meds. what good does it do to have it if you can use it. The has to be a way to make it more affordable and so that people arent having to sell their homes to pay for health care (not that they are cause i dont know if they are or they arent but i know if i had to go to the doc or my husband did we would be out on the strreets the next week cause we dont have insurance adn we couldnt pay the bill and our rent and all our other bills) im just of a mind that there is a way to make it so that every person can afford to buy insurance and use it
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 5:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Even the gov UHC wont help that problem. Its still going to be 80-20 and you will pay premium on top of that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What are you complaining about? You get your healthcare free as a military spouse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• :01, she's a professional complainer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Reform the programs ALREADY IN PLACE before we add trillions of dollars to a liberal agenda that does little to address the CURRENT gov't entitlement programs.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You get your health care free as a military spouse.

Assume much? (1) MIlitary health care isn't free, it's part of the compensation service men and women agree to upon commitment. (2) Who is to say that her spouse will always be in the military. Why can't she be concerned about her and her families future? (3) Not all military families take advantage of Tricare. Some choose another private company as their primary. So, instead of shooting one liners from your ignorant 'anon' question mark, how about you intellectually answer the OP?

grlygrlz2

No I do not. We are military, but we are also civil service. We tossed the Tricare CRAP for BCBS.

The Tricare system almost cost me my life and the life of my youngest child. I don't want a govt system.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• :01, she's a professional complainer.

Wow, to think this poster can vote and raise kids..........................she doesn't know the difference between complaining and disagreeing.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• :01, she's a professional complainer.

Professional porch sitter?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The Tricare system almost cost me my life and the life of my youngest child. I don't want a govt system

I hear ya... I pay out of pocket for my kids and I  to see civillian Dr's  too... Too much hassle and too many problems.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009