ok im 33 weeks preggo and as its getting closer and closer im getting more scared, not of the responsibility but of the pain (selfish i know) I am really scared that while im at home on maternity leave my boyfriend/baby's daddy who works 30 minutes away wont be able to get to me when i go into labor in time and i will have to drive myself, has this happened to anyone?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Since its your first baby your labor will likely take awhile so he will most likely have time just call him in a little sooner than you maybe would have if he was closer. As for the pain, get an epidural. My epidural didn't work for my oldest daughter and I felt everything...but with my second daughter it worked beautifully!
    vickilouise85

Answer by vickilouise85 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• 30 minutes is nothing, as long as you call him when you first start you should have a good few hours before you even are allowed in a room at the hospital
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I live a 2 1/2 hours from my doctor and the hospital I plan on delivering at and my husband works a hour away. You will be alright...I even remember there was ice storm while I was in driving to the hospital while in labor. Just have everything prepared and set up so you can just call your husband and head right out the door. Although I am a little nervous this time since I will have our two children with me also...but then that is why I pray a lot!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Don't be scared! first off, the pain REALLY isn't as bad as people make it sound-- especially in the early stages. I used no drugs whatsoever, & it got intense, yes, but never so much that a needle in my spine sounded like a better option.
    Second, the 30 min drive is NOTHING. I'm guessing this is your first baby, which means You will most likely be in labor for a minimal of 15 hrs. My dr told me to come to the hospital when the contractiions were CONSISTANTLY 4-5 min apart. I was actually working at an outdoor fair 30 min from my hospital when I started having contractions. I walked around most of the day till they were about 5 min. apart (walking helps labor progress, so it's REALLY good to do) went home, took a hot shower & then a bath which also helped w/ the pain & progress, then got to the hospital when they were about 2-3 min apart. My girl came about 3 hours later. It was a WONDERFUL experience!!!
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009