My hubby has been sleeping for over twelve hours. Should I be worried?

He's always had a weird sleeping schedule. He told me one time he slept for three days when he was detoxing, but I've never seen him sleep this much. Should I be worried?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 5:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Health

• no i sleep that much all the time
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• has he ever had his blood sugar checked? could be a sign of high sugar levels
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Does he use Drugs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• He used to do drugs but not anymore. Now he just smokes and drinks and he only eats one meal a day. I try to get him to eat breakfast and lunch but he doesn't.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are you sure he has not relapsed? My dh has suffered from drug addiction for over 9 years he has been clean for a long time but when he first got clean he relapsed a few times and when he was coming down again he would sleep for days
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well he's relapsed with alcohol because he's an alcoholic too but I know for a fact he hasn't done any drugs.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Are you with him 24 hours a day? I am not trying to be mean, But addicts lie all the time.
    Does he go to meetings?

if he is sleeping because he relapsed i would just let him sleep there is not much more you can do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I trust my husband. He's never lied to me.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• As much you want to believe your husband you can't fully trust an addict. I'm also not trying to be mean but I have 2 cousins who are bad addicts and they lie non-stop. Addicts don't care who or what they hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I have been Married to my dh for 17 years we have 7 kids and he has struggled on and off for like I said 9 years. Trust me Addict = Liar I am sorry but it's true.

It took a while for me to admit that was how he was.
    Just as it is hard for an addict to admit their problem it's just as hard for us (the ones who love them to admit who they really are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009