Is there a way to cut your hair so it doesn't look like a mushroom?

I have been cursed with hair that gets a mushroom shape when it's cut, meaning it lays flat at the crown but it gets bulky at the ends. I've tried everything to stop it from looking like this. I feel like I look like a boy or something. Do you think getting layers put into my hair would stop this? I don't have a ton of time to flat-iron my hair anymore.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• yes layers will help it
    I have the same thing I call it triangle head. lol
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• hell yes get lots of layers, you can also have them shave some hair off the back of your neck to thin it out
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I just had 5 inches cut off my hair to cut the layers out, they looked like two different hair pieces LOL, the top layer is frizzy and the bottom half is straight and stays together if u know what I mean, it sucks but flat iron is the only thing I can do to make it all look good.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I'm just scared of getting too much cut off because my hair is kinda thin. I'm cursed with hereditary female pattern baldness. I've lost about half of the bulk in only four years. (Having a baby didn't help, lmao.)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It will probably make it look fuller. My sister has a medical problem that has been causeing her to lose her hair. SHe cut it shorter and it looks great!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009