Has your kid ever said "I HATE YOU, MOM!"

I can't count how many times I told my mom that growing up. Luckily I grew out of that resentful stage, yeesh.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO, but my sister did to my mom all the time, she actually had a song theat she would accompany with kicking on the wall...
    "I HATE MOMMY SHE'S SOOO MEAN" Over and over forever! My poor mom!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yep, and if they didn't, you're not doing your job!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Both my four year old and my two year old have said it. When my two year old said it, it broke my heart! My four year old it was more like she was messing around seeing what she could get away with but my two year old said it in anger and that made me sad. I look so forward to the teenage years when its a daily thing (sigh).
    vickilouise85

Answer by vickilouise85 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Luckily I haven't come to this point yet... My son is barely two and doesn't hear the word hate, so that makes it easier. It'll break my heart when the day comes, but like anon said, that shows you're doing your job.... in most cases
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 5:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• yup all the time but thats ok if they didnt hate you then you better take them to the dr . lol
    grumpyboston

Answer by grumpyboston at 5:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Mine hasn't even said she loves me yet! But I did that to my mom all the time and she used to say, I hope you have a daughter just like you. I certainly hope I don't. I used to say to my mom that I wouldn't because I would know how to raise kids. I was mean.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Sure. All 4 of mine have at one point in time. I just ignore them. They don't mean it, they're just trying to get a rise out of me.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I never said it and never would. I didn't have an occasion to hate her, she was a good parent.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When my son was 3 he was mad and told me he hated me. It broke my heart. I said, "we don't say things like that, it's ok for you not to like me because honestly I don't like you very much right now, but I love you and I always will." I then told him he had to go to his room and think about it. I know at 3 he probably didn't do much thinking about it, but a few minutes later he peaked around the corner and said, "mommy I love you but I don't like you so leave me alone." He then went back to his room and fell asleep. It was so cute. I also have 16 and 8 year old girls, they haven't said it yet, but it's coming. I can tell the 16 year old wants to say it sometimes,but she doesn't.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 10:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh sure! It is usually said in anger so I don't take it to heart.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2009