Why is it ok to call someone a ?

For someone to refer to someone as a "skinny bitch" but if I call someone a "fat bitch" I am way out of line!!!!!!! Why the double standard?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've wondered the same thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i wonder the same shit too.ppl got on me for so long aand be like you need to eat girl and all those dumb comments like your so skinny.but if i turn around and say you need to stop eating or your fat then im being rude.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 5:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Obviously if you are calling them that its either one someone you don't like two someone you see from afar and don't mind making fun of or three someone you are teasing that you do know. So in the first case who cares whether its okay or not you don't like them so you clearly don't care what they think...kinda mean but hey its the truth...for two same thing you don't know them and don't mind talking about them then who cares? For the third one generally its someone you have that joking kind of relationship so once again it probably doesn't matter.
    vickilouise85

Answer by vickilouise85 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I guess maybe because calling someone a skinny bitch is more about jealousy. Calling someone a fat bitch is just mean.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It's not Ok. Some may think it's OK because some in society look down at fat people. But no one should be called a name.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well, I've always been the coveted size 3 at 5'4 and 108lbs. Til I had DS. Friends and family used to comment that I needed to "Put some meat on them bones!"

Now, it's the other way around. "How can you stand that extra 30lbs?" "Doesn't that belly get annoying?"

Granted, I'm only 4mos past having my DS, my weight, (regardless the fact it wasn't very high) has always been a front issue for me. I don't care how jealous people are, they shouldn't comment on it. If someone's fat, it's not nice to say so. If someone's skinny, it's not nice to say so. It is a double standard, and as such should be done away with! You never know if someone works hard to maintain themselves at the weight they ARE, and should NOT be degraded because of it.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009