Skin Tags: Have you ever heard of one shrinking (from my first pregancy) as a new one grows (during my second pregancy)?

During my pregancy with my first child, I developed a skin tag (it got so big by the time She was born it broke open easily). Because it was not serious, I didn't have it removed (would have been an all out of pocket expense). After the pregancy it reduced to a manageable size. However, last night I discovered my first skin tag is getting smaller and I'm, developing a new one right nest to it (14 weeks pregnant).

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 5:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I remember reading that if you apply clear nail polish twice a day to the tag it dries up in about a week. I have never had one though so I can't tell you for sure. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• There are also home remedies and self-treatments, including tying off the small tag stalk with a piece of thread or dental floss and allowing the tag to fall off over several days.

The advantage of scissor removal is that the growth is immediately removed and there are instant results. The potential disadvantage of any kind of scissor or minor surgical procedure to remove tags is minor bleeding.

Possible risks with freezing or burning include temporary skin discoloration, need for repeat treatment(s), and failure for the tag to fall off.

There is no evidence that removing tags causes more tags to grow. Rather, there are some people that may be more prone to developing skin tags and may have new growths periodically. Some patients even require periodic removal of tags at annual or quarterly intervals.

hope that helps a little
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i developed one during my pregnancy. it was on my boob, right near my areola. it actually ended up coming off after kyrie was born. i think her nursing was pulling on it. thankfully, i saw it come off and she didn't end up swallowing it. it still grosses me out thinking that she could have swallowed it.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009