Christians some questions *non christians welcome to answer as well*

What do you think non-followers of Jesus find the most repulsive about followers of Jesus?
What do they find the most compelling?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 5:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What do you think non-followers of Jesus find the most repulsive about followers of Jesus? The *ahem* "extremes" some people take it to. I also don't like the general "us against them" thing. Not everyone is like this, but it seems like (especially lately) the most extreme people yell the loudest.

What do they find the most compelling? I suppose their dedication to their beliefs are rather admirable.

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i honestly dont mean this offensivley even though it might sound like it, but i just think that theyre stupid. i dont understand how they could not realize that the bible is fake? it seems so obvious to me.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• As a non Christian, I can tell you that SOME Christians I have come across are the most compassionate people I know. They are open, they are forgiving, they are nonjudgmental. That being said, MANY other Christians I have come across use their Bibles to condemn anyone who doesn't think they way they do, full of judgment and self righteousness.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 6:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What do you think non-followers of Jesus find the most repulsive about followers of Jesus? The self-righteous and "extreme" believers who are so pardon the expression "hell-bent" on getting to heaven that they act as if they think they are God. They treat the religion as if it's a reward system.

What do they find the most compelling? Patience, understanding, willingness, compassion and dedication of those who DO follow according to scripture. They are never harsh in their words to another.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What's repulsive is when "Christians" (note the quotes) act in a way that Christ Himself would despise.

What's compelling? When they actually live their beliefs to the fullest.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• incredible answers... it goes to show me that exhibiting His love, compassion, mercy and grace is the best way to go.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What do you think non-followers of Jesus find the most repulsive about followers of Jesus? That some followers are fanatical and will try to force themselves on you.

What do they find the most compelling? That some christians are very compassionate no matter what your beliefs are and will not try to condemn them.

Btw, how do you bold the questions?? :o)
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• For me, it's the fact that many people (and I am not calling anyone out) have used the bibles teachings as a foundation for hate and bigotry. Verses from the bible where used to support slavery in it's day as well. I think it is sad that people feel the need to twist things around to fit what they want it to be, and then still tell non-believers that we just "found" what worked for us.
    I admire the passion that most of them have about their beliefs. The only time this is a problem is when it is used in the way I mentioned above.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Littlebit722

Good, a part I can answer. :O) If you look above the answer box, you will see a hyperlink that says Use Full Editor. Click it and it gives you access to underline, bold, et al, and best of all, Spell Check. Watch out if you quote someone then hit it, because it takes away any paragraphs and double spaces (you can put them back, it's just annoying.) It also takes away the character count (which REALLY sucks) so watch out for that.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What do you think non-followers of Jesus find the most repulsive about followers of Jesus? THE FACT THAT IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW, YOUR WRONG AND THEY ARE RIGHT, AND TAKING THEIR FAITHS TO EXTREMES! ALSO LIKE SHANEAGLE SAID, exhibiting His love, compassion, mercy and grace is the best way to go.

Answer by older at 6:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009