end the friendship?

my friend is driving me crazy. any time we hang out shes either complaning about her bf or fighting with him when hes there. she expects me to take her side even though shes not always right. and he is the meanest person i have ever met. she asks me for advice but refuses to leave him. im not a confrontational person so im thinking aobut just not talking to her anymore, even thought i know its the immature thing to do. how would you go about confronting her?

and she has really bad b.o. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I would stop answering her calls, emails, texts and drop her like a bad habit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• well, tell her straight out, you don't feel that she's in a healthy relationship, but if she insists on pursuing it you're unwilling to discuss it. if she keeps trying to drag you into it, then yeah, ditch her. but i'd say give her a chance first.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• She sounds like a winner...and apparently smells like one too huh? Ugh. If you really value her friendship you should try to tell her how you feel and let her know that the circumstances make you uncomfortable. Would you feel lost without her friendship...doesn't sound like she is much of a support system to you in anyway...if not, I would advise you to just stop talking to her and move on. She will find someone else to drag into her incessant drama, trust me. People like that are just draining to be around. I commend you for trying to be a loyal friend and not wanting to hurt her, but ultimately you need to think about your happiness too, and a true friend would also take that into account....which she obviously does not. She sounds extremely self absorbed and it appears to me that she only wants to use you as a crutch. GL, I know that sometimes this is a tough thing to decide, but we have all been there once or twice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Just tell her you can't support her toxic relationship bc you care about her. Tell her if she wants to hang out talking about him is something you don't care to do and won't do it. Let it be her choice so she can't blame you for abandoning her.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yep, be her friend, tell her to try your new perfume or a new body wash you LOOOOOVE. Without being rude or confrontational, just say something to the effect of, "I really don't want to talk about him, because my opinion hasn't helped in the matter." or "Can we talk about something else?"

Be nice, you don't want to lose your friendship over it, however, if she's doing things that are immoral... like lying, cheating, etc., and expecting you to cover for her, don't. Call her on it, and quit the relationship if that is what is best for YOU. She can find other friends, as there are plenty of other girls having struggles with crummy boyfriends that she can run to and learn from. You don't need that stress on yourself.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009