Anybody get upset when hubby don't come home from dinner on time?

I get quite upset I spend alot of time carefully preparing and cooking good homemade meals for him (mother always said a way to a man's heart is through his stomach) but by the time he gets home half the time it's cold and I'm starving smelling it! My attitude can tend to be miserable becasue of this (which what is the point of trying to l=please him with a good meal if you can't do it with a smile?) and I know it's not just cuz of work... he goes to the gym and dilly dallys at his parents house! ugh! What do I do? Also, I bought a crock pot so meals will stay warm for whatever time he gets home, but I don't know many recipies... anybody know any good ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't because with his job he really doesn't have a set time of leaving. He will be home no later than 7 but I have 3 kids to feed. I don't like eating without him but we do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What really upsets me is when I make it and he wont even stop playing his PS3 while eating it. If I spend time making it he can spend time with me eating it
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Nope, My husband would call if he was going to be late. And if he didn't call we would eat anyway, He would not want us to wait for him, I will make him a plate and put it in the fridge for him for when he got home.

lilmaiyagirl

Answer by lilmaiyagirl at 6:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would be mad, but my husband usually calls if he's going to be late. tell your husband if he can do that b/c you feel hurt that you cooked a hot meal and he didn't even bother to call
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• if my hubby is late for dinner its bcuz he's working OT. We wait for him but sometimes I'm starving and I'll eat without him, but in your case if he is dilly dallying ( i thought i was the last person on earth who used that term lol), put the food away, and let him warm it up himself, or maybe just make dinner for you/kids, and tell him, well, why should I make dinner for 4 when only 3 are here to eat (for example), or let his MOMMY make him something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• In YOUR man's case, the stomach has nothing to do with the heart, obviously. **grin**'

Don't wait for him. EAT. Put the leftovers in the fridge. He'll eventually get the idea.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• By the way...my husband used to hold dinner on me (he's out of work right now)...and I told him to knock it off. I never know from one day to the next when I'll be home, so I don't want them waiting.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• op here. yeah but he's there everyday! instead of spending time with me and his daughter... I go there too sometimes, but I got family to that i hardly ever get to visit and then I feel guilty for hanging out at his folks house... and about the dinner thing he doesnt call he don't even answer when I call him to tell him dinner's ready it's like he's being spitefull for what reason i dunno
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I never know when my husband will be home, and eating very late gives me bad heartburn at night, so I learned a long time ago to eat when I was ready, and to put his meal on a plate and refrigerate, and then when he gets home the plate goes into the microwave and his salad out of the refrigerator. I still sit with him during the meal, but this way I am not upset that he doesn't show up for the freshly cooked meal.

Answer by Bmat at 7:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would talk to him and ask him what he considered to be a reasonable time for you to expect him home to eat. You may need to give him choices, 5:00 or 6:00 or whatever you think might be appropriate. Plan to have meals ready at that time. If he isn't there at that time, sit down and eat and enjoy your meal. Put everything away and clean up the kitchen. I assume you have a microwave, so when he comes home, he can make him a plate and nuke it. There is absolutely no sense in your letting a perfectly good meal go to waste and starving yourself in the process. You don't have to be hateful about it, but you need to stop allowing this to be a constant aggravation to you. Or you could just set a time yourself, and tell him that if he isn't home by then, you aren't waiting for him any more. It is okay for you to set some boundaries and to enforce them. To not do so is harming your marriage, and it will give you ulcers.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009