is there a way to up my chances?

is there a way I could up my chances to have a little boy?
Anything I can eat or not eat or even a vitamin I can take...(ex. iron. just an example ppl)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• don't have sex until the day you start ovulating... boy sperms swim faster than girl sperms so they will get to the egg first, however if you have had sex a couple of days before you started ovulating the boy sperms die off faster and the girl sperms will be left to get to the egg.... this is true... use an at home ovulation test and tell hubby no sex til the day u ovulate! good luck! :-)
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 6:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It's still 50-50 even with marchma's method...I tried waiting later to improve chances of a girl...still had a boy.

It IS true that Y chromosome sperm die faster.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• well when mom wanted a boy this is what dr told her and its worked for three ppl (obviously if it doesnt dont blame me haha) your man needs lots of protein (tell him eat meat!) and you need lots of veggies. then the deeper the penetration the better obviously so the boys have a head start haha anyway thats what she was told and she and two friends both had boys. good luck!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I also read in a baby magazine berfore eat lots of whole grains and ereal and stuff like that.. .. but I really don't know how that would work (I always eat whole grains and I eat cereal like twice a day, and I just had a girl)...but it was in a magazine
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 9:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• With each orgasm, a man shoots 300 million sperm (saw that on the discovery channel)...so the chances of you having a boy is the same as the chances of having a girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2009