what do you think of the dunstan baby Language?/Your baby can read.

http://www.dunstanbaby.com if your not familiar
They say you can understand the baby talk (couldn't you as a mother decipher your baby's cry anyway?!!) Or is it a gimmick to get money?

Yourbabycantalk.com what about that has anyone ever used it? or any of these?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i've never used any of them. and honestly, it weirds me out. why cant babies be babies anymore? what next you better have your kids reading before PRESCHOOL??? kindergarten will be like 3rd or 4th grade? idk i think reading to kids is awesome and workin on phonics when they get older is awesome, just not thrilled with that program for some reason.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• In my experience, baby sign has helped me be less frustrated because DS can sometimes tell me what he wants. As for the crying thing I didn't attempt it but I also haven't needed it.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 6:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• it helped me out. Babies can talk- you just have to know what they are saying. i.e. nah, neh, eh, ow and so on....
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Trying to get your money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It's a crock of chit. Just another way for someone to make money. Let them be babies because they grow up fast.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If they weren't 200 dollars I would buy them. My DD has a speech delay and picks up SO much from her favorite DVDs cause she always wants to watch them so I know these would help her. The price is ridiculous though!!
    NattysMommy

Answer by NattysMommy at 11:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i find it a little crazy that people want the babies (9 months on the infomercial) to read. Talk, signing, whatever to help you understand them is one thing, but reading that early is obserd to me. I am all for early education but please people keep it age appropriate
    kjsmama0206

Answer by kjsmama0206 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my parents have never heard of this. but my mother taught us to sign at a very young age simply because she is deaf. and sometimes she can't hear us cry so she'ld have to depend on someone else to tell her when we are.
    since she taught us to sign. after we learned to walk we'ld go up to her and sign what we want. and she'ld understand. it made it easier for her.
    and I plan on doing that for my son because she's going to be around him and I'm hard of hearing. also the fact sign language IS another language. so they would already know 2 languages before the age of 5
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 6:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I taught my 3 older kids to sign and am currently teaching my 9 month old. It helped tremendously. We didn't use any specific program, just basic ASL, using resources at our local library and the asl website.

Answer by missanc at 9:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2009