How much do you pay for your child to have breakfast and/or lunch in school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in

• I think this year it's $10.75 / week.  It's ridiculous, especially when all the kids hate the food there. Ugh..bad

lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• $2.05 a day...last year anyway, may go up this year i suppose
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my dd gets free meals, but the regular price is 1.05 for bkftst or lunch, reduced price is .30 for brkfst/ .40 for lunch
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 6:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• well at the schools down here in Houston, they give free breakfast to every child who wants it, and lunch (the school ones not the fancy ones that serve) are $1.50
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It doesn't matter what it costs. The school food in Chicago is dreadful; loaded with bad fats and sodium.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• $1.75/day last year. Don't know about this year yet.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

It's a good thing that when you are young/child you are able to eat anything....my point is that as you get older then you have to worry about fat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my kids have always eaten breakfast at home????? not sure what they charge for breakfast but there is no way I know what they would be eating at school...they usually take sack lunches too..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My kids don't eat school made breakfast or lunch. I have no idea what it costs but I guarantee it is more than it is worth.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son eats breakfast at home and I pack his lunch. They do serve nutritious meals but I rather pack and we save more money that way.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009