After reading this, does it convince you?

NEW YORK (Reuters) – A new U.S. government study on Tuesday adds to a growing list of experts concluding that climate legislation moving through Congress would have only a modest impact on consumers, adding a bit more than $100 to household costs in 2020.

Under the climate legislation passed by the House of Representatives in June, electricity, heating oil and other bills for average families will rise $114 in 2020 and $288 in 2030, according to the Energy Information Administration, the country's top energy forecaster.

The bill requires energy companies to help consumers lower costs during the early years of the program which would "mute the impact of higher energy prices for households until at least 2025," said Kay Smith, an EIA economist.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090804/pl_nm/us_climate_usa;_ylt=AnJ51GzHZYJiDskdYEpn9zmpg9IF;_ylu=X3oDMTJobjVldXJvBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMDkwODA0L3VzX2NsaW1hdGVfdXNhBGNwb3MDNwRwb3MDNwRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3VzY29uc3VtZXJzcw--
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh is'nt that nice! money money money thats all these people want all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Nope doesn't change my opinion it's a new tax being disguised as saving the planet which I don't believe we are destroying to begin with.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 6:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Considering that Global warming is a farce whats the point to begin with? And your sources are in bed with the money to be made off of it. Follow the money and learn the truth on this farce.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't do GOVERNMENT studies. They are prone to lie to suit their own purposes.

Got any by real folks?

BTW, our electric company said otherwise in an insert they put in our bill. The company that I buy fabric from will double the cost of some of the fabrics we use. They will have to make some very expensive changes to their production. Those costs get passed to me and I then pass them on to my customers. The cost of some of my items will increase by a third, on a $20 item that is a lot...making it more than $26. An $80 item will go up to more than $100.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Sweet, if it is so great why aren't ALL the countries in the world doing it???? You would think everyone would want in on the action!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• U.S. government study....check.
    growing list of experts....check.
    (Democratic) Congress....check.
    modest impact.......check.

being able to afford anything but candles once this is said and done........priceless!!!! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes, and originally health care bill was NOT going to cost anything, until it did.

And they did such a good job predicting the cost of Cash for Klunkers, too!

I will believe my electric co-op before I believe the government. At least I have a say in my co-op.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• LOL Sweets, it wont make a difference with them.

First they shout about how Cap and Trade will cause consumer's utility bills to skyrocket and when they get proven wrong they just revert back to their old standby..."it doesn't matter, because climate change is a farce."

Typical.

Luckily, statistics show that younger generations are more progressive when it comes to the environment, so hopefully all of most of the people that think climate change is a "farce" will die off before we reach the point of irreversibility.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 7:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• First they shout about how Cap and Trade will cause consumer's utility bills to skyrocket and when they get proven wrong they just revert back to their old standby..."it doesn't matter, because climate change is a farce."

first off we haven't been proven wrong. Secondly more of the younger generation is waking up to the farce.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009