Raspberry Leaf Tea during Pregnancy?

I bought some at 6 weeks pregnant and did the research and decided to wait until my third trimester to start drinking it daily. I'm a week away now and wanted to know if anyone had any more info on it? I know I spent days researching this, but I have an awful memory.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Exactly. I don't know if it really helps, but I feel like it did.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When to use There are two basic stances on the subject. There is agreement among many clinicians that in the 3rd trimester frequent (2- 3 cups per day of tea or 1 - 2 cups per day of infusion) is beneficial to the uterine and pelvic muscles. Red Raspberry Leaf contains many minerals and vitamins, including vitamin C and calcium. It also contains an alkaloid called fragrine, which lends tone to the uterus.

The more radical stance is that drinking one cup of tea per day in the 1st trimester and 2 cups in the 2nd trimester and switching to the infusion in the 3rd trimester ensures a strong uterus, is good for you nutritionally and prevents miscarriage. Some say it is advised to not use it in the first trimester, particularly if you have a history of miscarriage.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes, I JUST read that on a site too. That exact passage.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009