BALDING SPOT ON MY 4 YR OLD DAUGHTER'S HEAD????

i recently found a balding spot on my daughter. its on the right side behind the ear. i took her to the dr and she said that it is ringworm. the thing is is that it doesnt look like it to me it is not scaly or red. i took her somewhere else for a 2nd opinion
and he said it doesnt look like ringworm, so what is it? it seems her hair is thinning
more.. pls give me advice thanks

hotmomma2323

Asked by hotmomma2323 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Is she pulling it out herself? That may suggest something behavioral...
    good luck!
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My niece had a similar situation and it turn out to be problems with her digestive system due to a lack of good vitamins

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Could it be Alopecia Areata ?

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• well I dont think that giving her the antifungal medicine for ring worm would hurt you can get it otc,why not try that then if it doesnt go away then you can get it further tested.My son pulls his own hair out he is 3 and has a very rare chromosomal disorder called trisomy 10q which casues mental and physical disablities,could be from stress and ive evenheard of kids being on prozac 9special needs kids) for pulling their hair out
    jendramis

Answer by jendramis at 3:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009