The baby moving (39 weeks and 3 days pregnant)

Alright I'm worried my baby isn't moving enough with my first two pregnancy I was a couple weeks early with both of them and they were small (6lbs.) This pregnancy however I am closing in on my due date and the baby is big (doc's guessing more then 8lbs.) Now the baby within the last couple days has slowed down on moving and kicking and it's starting to worry me A LOT. My doctor is calling me back in an hour to talk to me, but here's the scoop. My baby used to move around a lot and had actually stopped kicking me these last couple weeks. Now all the sudden I don't know if it's because of her size and what not but she's not moving as much. Just these slow lazy twisting and turnings and she will pop out an elbow or foot like she's trying to push her way out. But no kicking at all, just slow lazy movements. Now should I be worried that she isn't as active or is this normal for being this pregnant with an eight pounder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's completely normal. She just doesn't have enough room. You're not doing anything wrong and your baby is fine. I went through the same thing with my son, and he was born at 9 lbs 8 oz. It's very typical, especially with larger babies. Hang in there :) It won't be much longer.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Your baby doesn't have much room anymore. Don't worry!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies. Good luck!
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 6:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• no room for baby any more my DD
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i cut off.. my DD weighed 8.9lbs 22 inches came at 40 weeks 3 days and rarely moved at all anymore no where 2 go
    hottietottie455

Answer by hottietottie455 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Definitely normal!!! There is so much less room, the baby isn't able to stretch out :)
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 7:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009