what does a contraction feel like?

im 32 weeks prego and was taklking to my doctor and she asked me if i have had any contractions i told her no beacuse i really didnt know what one feels like .. can you tell me>?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• in your lower back you feel like period cramps but thats not what it is and when they are stron g you feel like you have to poop! Ya know the feeling when your running for the bathroom.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 6:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• you should of asked your doctor what they feel like. the doctor isn't going to think you are dumb b/c you don't know what they feel like.
    don't be shy to ask questions
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I remember my last appointment before I went into labor, she asked me if I had been having contractions and I told her no. Then she felt my stomach and was like "You're having one now!" They were just Braxton Hicks and they didn't cause me any type of pain or discomfort, but she could tell that my belly was hardening. When I went into labor for real, they felt like horrible period cramps.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 6:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes, Braxton Hicks contractions prepare your body for labor. It is likely that you have had them and not felt it. I rarely had any that were painful, but some were definitely uncomfortable. I didn't ever feel anything in my back. It was just a feeling of my whole belly tensing up for a short time. But labor contractions are much different. Everyone asks how you know the difference, but trust me...you can tell! Labor contractions are much stronger, and will at times be painful. They will probably after a time cause you to stop whatever you are doing until the contraction has passes. Good luck!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 7:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh you'll Know Braxton hicks are Almost like real contractions... The real ones HURT LIKE Hell! But it's all worth it. It feels like someone is ripping your pelvis apart. Whoops i guess someone is!
    vikings_beauty

Answer by vikings_beauty at 10:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009