whats up with my addictive behavior???

Ok so im a recovering alcoholic thanks to God, but why do i replace it with other addiction, i use coffe all day long, im on the internet all day, and i watch tv all day, and my house is a mess i have dirty laundry, i only stop long enough to change diapers and feed my kids. Why do i always have to find something else to be addicted to??? anyone else in my shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Could you have a case of OCD?
    I'm not a recovering alcoholic but I do get addicted to things only I do them hot and heavy for a while, then I move on to something else and I'm stuck on that for a while. I never noticed it till someone gently pointed out that it's not normal the way I do things. Ex: I bake a batch of cupcakes and they turn out great and for some reason I keep baking every day (usually for hours at a time) for a few weeks or so, then I start making candy, cakes, and the list goes on and on.
    I've not been diagnosed, but I do recognize the signs. And yea, my house is a mess, my laundry isn't kept up (although we have enough clothes to last for weeks till I can make myself do it again). Right now my addiction is Farm Town in Facebook, but school is starting soon so I'll be obsessed with buying all of the supplies (I'll end up with mor than 10 kids can use because I can't help myself). OCD trades addiction
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• look at your same question you asked? ppl answered
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i can totally relate. i am also a recovering alcoholic although i dont go to meetings so i dont talk to people ever cause i dont really leave the house. all i do is watch tv, eat a lot of food, go online, and sleep. i thought once i became pregnant this would all change cause i would have a good enough reason to change but its gotten worse. its been beautiful out and i havent even stepped outside for two days. im a waste of space lately lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It's just like you said, you have addictive behavior as do many ppl.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009