HOW DO YOU GO FROM THE LOVE OF GOD TO THIS?

ANOTHER WESTBORO BAPTIST VIDEO, THE OTHER VIDEO GOT DELETED, THIS ONE IS EVEN WORSE! IF THAT IS EVEN POSSIBLE! CM DELETED THE OTHER ONE, MY BAD!!!AIMED TO INFLAMED A CERTAIN PERSON, I WAS WICKED TODAY I KNOW, I AM SORRY, I REPENT!
IN ALL HONESTY, I WONDER, HOW DOES THE REAL CHRISTIAN DRAW THE LINE FROM TURNING INTO THIS KIND OF FAITH?

Asked by older at 7:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • First off, good evening, Older, how are you my friend? Second, I'm a Christian,and even I can't stand the things that "church" does in the name of our Lord and Savior! How it must pain God to watch them do these horrible things,and say it's because it's what God wants. I honestly do pray for them, that they will see how they are hurting our faith,more than they could ever help it. Not that they will,but, hope springs eternal.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think most of them realize that they can not force their views on people. While they feel a certain way, they know that if they try this type of display it will not be received well and will more then likely will only work to "scare" people away.

-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• GOOD EVENING LOVE, HOW ARE YOU DOING?? I KNOW YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN, AND ONE OF MY FAVORITES ONES TO BOOT, BUT AS I WATCH THIS I OFTEN WONDER HOW DOES ONE CROSS THAT LINE, FROM BEING A FOLLOWER OF THE WORD TO PUTTING HATE IN GODS WORDS.

Answer by older at 7:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree with you so much. It's hurts me to see them perpetrating so much hate in the name of God, who is nothing but love. I really don't know at what point they cross that line,but I think something has to snap in their brains, for them to actually think this is right,and what God wants.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OOPS!! I FORGOT THE LINK FOR THE VIDEO, HERE IT IS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQHnSHK9Xlw

Answer by older at 7:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The actions of those Westboro folks are very disturbing. I don't understand that type of hatred and anger, nor do I really want to. Even though I'm not Christian, I know they are not a fair representation of the majority of Christians. Plus, it's fair to point out here, extremism like this can show up in just about any religion or belief system. One of those dark aspects of human nature.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• The thing that I don't understand is that they preach the whole America is Doooooomed! thing. Okay. Um.

They live in
    TOPEKA!
    KANSAS!

So why would they preach that America is Doomed, when that's where they frickin live? They pay taxes to America. They work in America. They eat American food. They speak ENGLISH.

You'd think they'd practice what they preach and move to Canada.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Let's just say I'm not for gay marriage, but these Phleps' people are a severe abomination. How can you publically announce that God hates anyone? I'm sorry dear but these people aren't reading their Bible carefully.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• LOL cait, I wonder that too. They seem to think that because everyone "allows" these things to happen we are all doomed. I took a look at their website once and read some of the things there...it just made my head spin. I could never wrap my brain around their version of logic.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• WHAT REALLY MOTIVATES THESE PEOPLE??

Answer by older at 7:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009