HOW OLD SHOULD CHILDREN BE TO BATHE WITH THEIR BABY BROTHER

hey ladies,
so i have a question..
my son is turning 6 in sept, he loves having a bath with his baby brother who just turned 1. Do you think it is acceptable or okay that they have bathes together (its not always, only sometimes) or do you think he is to old to bathe with his baby brother?? all advise welcome, thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it depends on your child, i don't think he's too old, that's sweet that he wants to take a bath with him. you need to stay in the bathroom with them the entire time though.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It'll be good for both of them. I see it as a bonding time for the two of them, and you better be glad they're getting along! Even when he turns 8, 9, 10, it'll be time for little one to start showering, and he's likely to enjoy it more if big brother is there to make it cool for him, and it'll make big brother feel good that he can be a model for little brother.

One of these days you won't be able to get them in the same room together, let alone shower! LOL!

It's ok, Mommy!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When i was in high school my lil sister was in like the kindergarden and in the mornig we were really slow at getting ready for school and we would take showers together bc we were always running late. as long as the two are comfortable there should not be a problem until one starts to feel uncomfortable. but i guess with a house full of girls with just a mom we werent embarssed about being naked in front of each other.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My brother and I took baths together until I was like 7 or 8 and he was 4 or 5. We were little kids and it was never weird for us. At the same age, I was taking baths with my best friend when I slept at her house. Only adults make it weird or feel weird about it. Kids don't think anything of being naked. It all had to come to an end when my brother thought it would be funny to PEE in the tub . . . boys are so gross! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009