How was puberty for you?

I started my period at nine. It was pure hell, I tell you. Being in fourth grade and getting your period? Yeah, not fun.

It makes me sick to think of all the older men that probably stared at me when I was 10 and 11 because I looked like an "older" girl. Yuckyuckyuck.

I had a bunch of accidents in sixth grade because I refused to wear a pad to school. A bunch of girls made fun of me.

I had acne when I was 12, but luckily I had it under control by the time I was 16.

I also had teachers call home complaining that I "smelled" bad. My parents couldn't get a hold on my bad puberty odor LMAO! Of course, they kept that information from me until I was older.

And I get to look forward to experiencing all of this again in about 10 years when my daughter hits puberty! Yayyyy!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "the rockets red glare" holds special meaning to me. Started my period at 10 on July 4th.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• OMG, puberty is really bad isn't it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i started my period at 13..I was at my aunts for a few weeks during the summer..and i hated it soo much..and i still hate it.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I never had any problems with acne so I got out of that one, whew.

However, I was the first one in my class to get boobs Ugh! And these boobs were big 36C's on a 13 year old. I still have no idea where they came from it was like I just woke up with them one day! I tried EVERYTHING to hide them, but it was impossible. I caught a lot of hell for those. I still hate my boobs, they are still a 36C and I'm saving up for a breast reduction. I want to go to a B cup...I seriously think the big early boob thing really messed me up!

I'm sure there is more, but the only thing that remains in my memory are the boobs!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 7:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It was a hair-raising experience...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I was in a B cup by 5th grade (10 yrs old) when I got my first period at my aunts house. I thought I shit myself. I spent the night at my grandma's once and got my period there and she didnt drive so all she gave me was a folded washcloth to wear. I had acne really bad, and although it's more calm now, I never got over it, no matter what I used. I had some hairs on my upper lip and I used facial creme to get rid of it, and instead of a hair mustache, i got a zit mustache (I was allergic to it). I'm Italian, so any and all pubic hair, leg hair, and armpit hair is very dark and coarse, so I have to shave my armpits everyday, and my legs every other day as needed or desired. The only thing puberty did for me was give me big boobs. I was never prepared for my period and always leaked through because they were and still are heavy and painful. I pray my daughter takes after the women in my dh's family.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• LMAO! I don't remember puberty in it's entirety being all that bad. I do remember being sad and scared when I started my period. It was before school and my mom was in her regular morning mood. Yelling, cussing, the usual "we're gonna be so late" fit. I had a hard time walking up to her without my younger siblings noticing and telling her I was bleeding. It was awful.

My little brother once noticed my new pubic hair and said EEEEEW really loud. That was no fun.

And the acne was a total bitch.

I didn't get boobs til I gave birth, and still not much. Lol.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• it was horrible!!! i started growing pubes in like 3rd grade! i got my period when i was 10... was like the second one in my class to get boobs. i kept my period a secret from everybody except my mom until i was like 16. i would cry at school for no reason. i would get these huge zits on my face that hurt so bad, which im now getting agian thanks to pregnancy. one time i was at summer camp and i used toilet paper cause i didnt have a tampon or pad, i was wearing my bathing suit so i was just gonna take it out before i wennt in the water but i forgot then i got out of the water and there was toilet paper pieces all down my legs. fun times
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I was an early bloomer, too. I think I managed to hide my period from my mother for a few months (I had an older sister, I could steal pads and no one would notice). I was just mortified by all of it. I was the only 4th grader with boobs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Not bad. I started my period at 13 an except for the awkwardness of the fact I had started a new school and my mom never really had the discussion with me until after I started it was okay. I never really got boobs and had already been shaving my legs for 3 years already. No acne either and actually no skin problems till I had my son and now my face gets dry if I dont moisturize everyday. 

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009