Should I say something to my son's friend's mother?

My kid plays with 3 neighbor kids, and the one, we'll call him "mike", HAS STAYED THE NITE AT MY HOUSE, peed the bed (no biggie), I've had him for dinner, and we took him to a fair and paid for his ticket. He has been over here most of the summer playing with my son's toys and other things. He beats my kid up ( my son has been told to retailiate but he wont), and talks trash about him to the other 2 kids. We havent seen him in a while, and my son was playing with another kid called Billy. They were playing nice and having a good time when Mike comes over Billy's house and starts aggrevating my son. My son, and Billy were playing in Billy's pool and Mike makes them get out of the pool and they all come over here. They play in my son's room for a minute, go back outside, and my son comes in crying because Mike told my son that him and Billy are going to play without him. I know these things happen with kids, but how can I fix it

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Tell your son to man up. He doesn't have to allow Mike to treat him like that. And if you don't think that's the solution for your son right now, stop allowing Mike to come over and punk him.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think you should stop letting Mike come over.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 7:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• talk to mikes parents and tell them he is no longer allowed over! y put ur kid through that when u dont have to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yeah, I was going to say the same thing . maybe you should have your son stop playing with this mike person. he doesn't seem very nice at all lol. maybe talk to his parents explaining why you don't want their son over any more, maybe something will change there after a little while. if not well then you have that mike boy not bothering your son anymore.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• in the mean while your son still has those other little boys to play with right.!
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I would call Mike's mom and say "Hey, I just wanted you to know that your son is acting up when he comes over and being very unkind to my son (cite specific instances). Perhaps you could have a chat with him and let him know that he is no longer allowed to play at our house or with my son. "

I would also try my best to call at a time when you know that you will be getting voicemail. Some mommies can be VERY protective when talking about their kids (okay maybe all mommies). She might be reasonable, or she might go off. Just avoid the grief and leave a message.
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 10:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Well I already told my son that mike is not allowed over here. I want my son to tell him that himself so it looks like he standing up to this kid. I just wasnt sure if I should tell his parents or not. My son has 2 other kids to play with, but those kids sometimes play with Mike too, and when my son is playing with them, Mike seems to come over, ruin everything, and the other kids end up playing with Mike, leaving my son alone. There are only 2 people not on my block that I know with kids my son can play with, and as anyone knows, it's hard to schedule play dates with these people on a daily or sometimes weekly basis. Again, leaving my son by himself most of the time. There's a park around the corner and we go there sometimes, but the kids are mean to him there too. So it's either we drive everywhere looking for a park and any mother knows that cant be done EVERYDAY. We cant just sign up for stuff, we're just making bills.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• baismom, I tell him all the time. the funny thing with him is that he'll hit people when they dont deserve it, but he wont hit people that need a good whack. We tried to teach him how to defend himself the other day, and he kept making excuses like, "what if he does this, or this.." I was like talking to a wall.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son had a friend like that and I put my foot down I would not allow him in the house. I would just start moving your son towards other friends or activities. He does not have to take that and when he come over just tell him your son is occupied!

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2009