• In the Spotlight:

Do you think this is possible?

Ok, so I have been thinking. Is it possible that all the people who are "fanatical" about their religion are being lead by the devil, dark entities, pure evil (whatever you want to call complete corruption)? I mean, wouldn't it be a good way to get people to "run" from Christianity to use people like the Westboro Baptist Church to "divide and conquer?"
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, Ashley. As you know, I believe in demons and I believe that their number one desire is to tear us away from the love of God. They can use deception, false teaching, oppose the work of God and the Word of God, they fight against good angels, and afflict God's people.

I would say that the enemy has his hand in what is happening at the WBC, to turn people away from the love of God.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. " Acts 20:29

Now these verses apply not just to people who spread hate, but anyone who teaches a false doctrine. However, yes I believe that the teachings of the Westboro Baptist Church hurt people who would otherwise welcome the love of Jesus Christ. And they do teach a false doctrine. They are wolves.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Cinnamon, once again, you have hit the nail on the head, sweetie! I couldn't agree more,and those are the very same verses that came to my mind when I saw this. God bless you sweetie!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Very good point Ashley. I think the evil one has his hands all over those people.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes.

Matthew 7 (from the passage Cin posted from) goes on to tell us that we will know a false prophet by their fruits.

Here are the fruits of the spirit: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." (Galatians 5:22-23).

Galatians 5:19 specifically mentions obvious signs of evil, namely: emnity, strive, discord, fits of anger, rivalry and causing division.

I agree that fanaticism is fueled by evil, if not the devil himself in order to draw people away from Jesus and harm people in his name. They're wolves that don't bother with the sheep's clothing lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Perfect follow up NL. Wow.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes, i believe so. Just like when the Waco, Texas cult came about. Those people were letting their daughters as young as 9 and 10 years old to have sex with him because he called himself the Messiah. Can you believe people would do that !!!
    But, that is just proof that yes, evil does exist. It is out in this world, and some may fall victim to the influences it has.
    Trust only Christ.......
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• weird I am reading a book that lines up with this... not done with it but it talks about the shifting shadows of the supernatural power which is the name of the book lol and one of the things it talks about is how not only do you need to make Jesus your savior but Lord as well. The book is talking about the difference between Christians and those who walk in the occult.. it kinda goes pretty deep but anyway I believe that those cults unleash demonic powers and they do not fully realise the affect and the power of their curses upon people. They are guided by demons and they do not realize it either. I just started the book but just was wowed that your talking about what Im reading haha. If your interested its by Julie Loren, Bill Johnson and Mahesh Chavda all three are dynaminic leaders in the church today.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Can you believe people would do that !!!

That is the power of desperation. And a lot to do with the whole "onward Christian soldiers' vein, too. I don't so much hate the Westboro/Waco/right here at CM types as I pity them. They are so needy and insecure they have a deep seated need to be right, and to be better than everyone else. Even if that means tearing down everyone around them or making complete asses of themselves, they will cling to being right rather than admit they might have something wrong. And for most of them, the emotional release they'd get if they ever did probably would "save" them but they're wound so tight they'll never see it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes I believe it is possible. In fact, I know of a person IRL that is like that and I can tell you that the vibes that I get from that person make me want to run. I know that sounds weird, but this particular person is very much like some of the people on CM here. They sound exactly the same. Not only can I not stand to be around this person because of the hatred they spew, but he just makes my skin crawl. It's the weirdest thing. I've always been highly sensitive to things around me and I trust what my instincts are saying about this particular person. I'm sure others like him give off the same feelings.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Oh wow, good point. I never thought about it that way, and I usually look at things from all angles and possibilities.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009