Anyone of you have Lupus or Fibromyalgia?

PamJoRN

Asked by PamJoRN at 7:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Health

• My best friend was diagnosed with Lupu, or better put Fibromyalgia, about two months ago.  Best information I can give you is to do your research and talk to your doctor.  I know that UV rays aren't good and can cause a flare-up so stay out of the sun as much as possible, for some certain foods can trigger a flare-up or certain environments.

I learned a lot from this site, :-( if you have this I am sorry, it's for life and there are certain spectrum's of it meaning some have it more severe than others.  My friend has minor liver problems but is not a severe case.

http://www.lupus.org/newsite/index.html

Also, I'd do a search on cafemom to see if there's any groups for those with Lupus given it does effect woman in their mid-twenties and up the  most.  Good Luck hun!

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 7:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes. Feel free to message me. I have fibromyalgia and non specific mixed connective tissue disease. (They think it is Lupus)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I was "initially" diagnosed with fibromyalgia, then they added Sjogrens, then Raynaud's Phenom.
    Now the final and real diagnosis is: Systemic Lupus Erythematosis
    This one affects joints, muscles, organs, everything basically. From what little I've read so far, you're supposed to avoid: sodium, potassium, phosphorus, electrolytes and have minimal fluid intake. The sun, stress, and environmental things (chemicals) cause flareups for me.
    eat2live

Answer by eat2live at 6:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009