need some ides for daughter 1st birthday what will be at in my house (backyyard)planning now for september

anybody had very succes birthday party?
i know its her 1st but i want something extra special

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had a butterfly theme, I rented a hotdog machine, bouncy castle with a butterfly ontop, a snow cone machine and a bubble machine. I laid all of her bouncers and toys across the lawn so that other mother could put their babies in them when they needed a break. A huge cake from costco hotdogs and hamburgers and things for kiddies to eat. I set up a diaper changing station so mommys could change bums without feeling uncomfortable. I had some games we played like pass the parcel, and some cute goody bags to hand out and dont forget music.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 7:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• my sons 1st birthday party is saturday so im in the same boat! hes having a cowboy theme (it was his fave sing a long) and i made the invites and sent them out. i made the cakes ahead of time and froze them so i all i have to do with those is thaw them and decorate them. im bbq-ing and getting pulled pork for the western theme. im getting green poster board and drawing cute cacti on them and put them around the house. im getting cowboy hats and plastic badges from the dollar store and hanging them on the walls. food and decorations arent costing me much at all! im going to keep my laptop on and go to like aol playlists or something like that for free kiddie music. its really just going to be the whole family having a get together for the most part. since he is only 1 and wont remember it, im not making a humongo deal about it. oh and im making the thank you's...with his hand prints somehow!
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Don't go too crazy for if there is too much "scensory" going on, she might have a horrible time. I had my son's at a local pizza joint that had some arcade games. We had a total of 18 people (mostly adult family members) and that seemed just fine. If you start going over board now, you will feel that you need to "beat" last years party and will be putting out way too much time and money for a couple hour event. I say refer to the old phrase K.I.S.S.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I did a ladybug party for my DD and there's a company called ezpartyzone.com that had everything you will need plates, cups, etc. They also have ladybug wings that I got for her and she wear them for about 10 minutes but I'm gonna have her be a ladybug for Halloween.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• What is K.I.S.S?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Less is more, usually, unless you have a passel of kids to entertain.

We did a barbecue and cake and ice cream. There weren't any children EXCEPT my son and another one year old to worry about, so we didn't have to do a lot of trimmings.

MOST IMPORTANT THING? Your camera.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• "What is K.I.S.S? "

Stands for "Keep It Simple, Stupid."

**grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 8:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I second the camera thing!!
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son's first party was a "1st Birthday Parade". I bought things I thought would be cute for a parade from orientaltrading.com including: beaded necklaces, sequined ties, shiny top hats, noise makers, etc. Then all of the kids went around the neighborhood in a parade yelling and having a good time. The cake was a festive cake from the grocery store, and we served hamburgers and hot dogs, chips, and pasta salad.

DD's birthday in February is going to be "My First Valentine". I plan on sending out valentine cards as invitations, a heart shaped cake, but not sure yet what type of food to have.

The only reason I have "food" at the party is because my family travel 350 miles to be here. Otherwise, I would only have Cake, chips, and drinks.
    Allegra360

Answer by Allegra360 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree with a non-sensory thing. My son was miserable at his 1st bday party as many kids at that age are I've noticed. Keep it simple, yet have some fun games for the older kids. Pizza, cake and ice cream. My friend had a carnival themed bday party. She had a few family members volunteer to be the "carny" who ran games like bean bag tic tac toe, a balloon popping game, a ducks in water game, and a pie throwing contest (my friend Brent was the victim, so fitting, lol). You didnt have to round the kids up to all participate at once, they could go around at their leisure and play when and if they felt like it. Her kids were 1, and 3 and except for my son so were most of the kids there.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009