What will we do if our legislators DON'T listen and force socialism upon us?

My senators aren't even talking to their constuents. I haven't gotten a human in either office since last Friday. Calls got straight to voicemail.

They seem determined to force socialized medicine and cap & trade upon on. What will be next?

Just what will we do if they really aren't listening? What if they do force socialism upon us before the midterm elections?

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 7:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes it is frustrating as hell.The phone calls and emails are good we should not stop but it is better to show up at the meetings and even their offices.Go face to face where they cannot avoid having to answer to us all.As we KNOW pretty much all of the media isn't showing coverage of any real opposition and when one or two does it isn't much and they are just trying to discredit us all.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Special, all we can do is PRAY,PRAY,PRAY,and then PRAY even more!!!!! We just have to trust that whatever happens, is in God's will,and we know He won't give us anymore than we can handle. It may seem like it,but we just have to keep our faith,and keep looking to God,and not to the Govt.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• We need to be getting the vids of our opposition out there too which some have been.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• It appears that Nancy and many other dems are not listening. Its the nanny state mentality of the libs. They know better what is best for us. She is wanting to pass it on reconciliation where they only need 51 votes and the dems are noow at it because they don't want to give in at all to the blue dogs. I imagine things are getting pretty ugly behind closed doors. I shudder to think what the response may be if this is passed. It may get very ugly.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I just called my Senator and got someone. You probably need to kick out your elected leaders.

NO ONE is going to force socialism on this country. Not any more than is ALREADY HERE. If you take WIC, you're engaging in socialism. If you receive any government handouts, you're engaging in socialism. Is it really that frightening?

ANY economic system can be good or bad. Just as any religion can be good or bad. It's the PEOPLE that make the difference.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Pray that the surpreme court does its job
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• They need to come to my little podunk town...attend one of our tea parties. I have yet to speak to anyone (other than the general gimme gimme free free free CM crowd) that thinks this is a good idea. Even the vast majority of my VERY liberal friends are doubting this bill.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• GD- You're wasting your time with the logic, common sense and reasoning.

Perhaps a better or different place?
    Maybe a visit to a third world destination.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Not any more than is ALREADY HERE

So just sit back while they chip away at our freedom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Supreme Court- checks and balances?
    Are you ppl satisfied with the new appointment?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009