Why aren't there wheel brakes on shopping carts?

You know so when you're trying to get your kid out of the cart it doesn't start rolling away with your 2nd kid and your groceries. Seems logical to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's a great idea, but it would just be something to break.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I hate when that happens. Why didn't I think of that. lol! Now it seems logical to me, too. I usually have to put the cart right against my car >.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i have always thought that, too! the other day i went grocery shopping with DS and i got the groceries out and put in the car, got DS out and put him in his car seat while trying to keep one foot on the cart so it wouldnt roll into another car. i have started asking the clerks to help me with everything so they can take the cart when im finished and i can get DS and the groceries in safely.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Why do all carts have a squeaky wheel? I always get the squeaky wheel cart. As for rolling, when I get to my car, I rest it against the back of the car while getting the kids and groceries in. Never rolls that way.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 8:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• maybe a foot in front of the wheel might be a cheaper idea

Answer by admckenzie at 8:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Great idea! They added baby seats and drink holders, so why not brakes?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2009