IF I PICK UP MY SON ALL THE TIME AM I SPOILING HIM???

HES 2 MONTHS OLD I PICK HIM UP WHEN HE CRIES AND LET HIM FALL ASLEEP ON HIM FOR ATLEAST 2 HRS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You CANNOT spoil a baby. Period. End of discussion.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Not spoiling him, but letting he start a habit of not being able to be alone.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• no you aren't spoiling him at that age they still need the love and attention more. when they are about 6 months old is when they start to figure out that if they cry you run and that is when they try to manipulate you and make it into a game. as far as the sleeping on you for a few hours, that may make it harder when you want him to start to fall asleep on his own, but if your willing to deal with that then no biggie. i always picked up my daughter when she cried,my son is 2 months old if he's crying i pick him up. thats what they need and makes them happy, if they're happy i'm happy.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:05 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• No
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Maybe
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't see how holding your child is spoiling him especially at that age. Babies need to be held and comforted. I mean, they're babies!!!
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 8:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I did but when my LO was 4 mos I started to see a pattern of manipulation so I had to start watching what I did. They learn early on. If picking up your child is what you need to do and it makes him happy then do it. I wish you luck those early months are the hardest.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• oh, phewy! You can't spoil a baby, especially that young. if he wants his mommy and feels safe next to or in his mommy's arms, then that's what he needs. My son is 12 months old and still naps with me every day. He sleeps better and longer if i sleep next to him.

Babies need thier mommies. don't let anyone tell you otherwise. if you think your baby needs something, you are going to be right 99% of the time. mommies have a radar built in to know what their LO needs...if that is a nap in mommy's arms, then so be it.

Also, try getting a sling that wraps around your neck and shoulder...you can nurse in them and carry them around the house while they're sleeping. I used to clean almost the entire house with my kids in the sling, sound asleep.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• no you're not spoiling him
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• babies only cry when they need something, crying is the only way they know how to comunicate. you cannot spoil a baby, they need to be comforted and loved.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009