Diet for a 10 month old?

Are there any ideas of what a healthy eating schedule would be for my 10 month old? Day to day recipes and ideas?

JulesMommy1008

Asked by JulesMommy1008 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just make sure that she gets her basic food groups throughout the day. 3 meals plus a couple of snacks in between meals. steamed veggies are good. grains can be covered with rice or snacks. dairy can be those yogurt melt deals. protein can be small pieces of extremely well cooked meats. really depending on how many teeth she has, she could start eating what your eating for dinners but without seasonings. just good and healthy foods and your good!
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My 11 month old eats oatmeal inthe morning, some formula, vegetables like sweet potatoe or apples n chicken baby food with little gerber finger snacks for lunch, some formula and pedia sure, and for dinner he eats what ever we eat (mashed up of course) and finger snacks and pedia sure before he goes to bed. He loves sweet potatoes, green beans(real not baby food) and he enjoys cheerios and gerber snacks. Macaroni and cheese is fun for him to eat too and delicious. That is what my little budha eats.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 8:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Remember that breastmilk or formula is still the main meal, all the way to the first birthday.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• At 10 mos I was pureeing what ever we ate for my LO. She is almost completely self feeding at this point but you can use whatever seasonings that you want but go light on the salt. My LO likes spicy foods and that is b/c that is what we eat. Just try different things and see what you LO likes.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• When you eat, what you eat, just in smaller servings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My 12 month old eats:
    6am- a grain, a fruit and a milk
    9:30- a grain snack or fruit
    12:00- a grain, veggie, meat and milk
    3 or 4(after nap)- cherrios and a small yogurt
    6pm- a grain, veggie, meat and milk

he is extrememly healthy and growing like a linebacker.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Breastmilk should be the main source of nutrition for the first year. You can add some fruits and veggies that are puree or cooked until very tender. We never gave my daughter dairy or meat until after her 1st birthday.

She would have oatmeal and fruit for breakfast

Puffs or Cheerios for snack mid-morning

Veggies for lunch and a few cheerios

Barley for dinner with fruit and veggies

She always nursed before each meal or snack.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You can give them meatloaf/meatballs, spaghetti (with the noodles cut up or use another shape), casseroles, cut pieces of meats, veggies, fruits, etc., YoBaby.... I package up a lot of our leftovers in servings his size in the freezer, and it works really well for us.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2009