Keeping baby occupied

I have a 10 month old and i feel like at times he's bored...we play and everything, but it seems like we don't do enough...are there any ideas for keeping him occupied?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can do doodles, read books and peek-a-boo.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:13 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• picture books, a walker (if he isn't trying to walk already), some educational dvds or sesame street (just an hour for the one show is not going to harm him), building blocks, toys that teach: large leggos, something that sings the alphabet and colors etc....
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• At that age we were letting our DD entertain herself for a few hours at a time. We have a play yard and would give her a few items were she could entertain herself. Other times during the day she would have one on one with mommy and daddy but at different times.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:15 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son is 11 months. Right now he loves balls! He'll throw a ball all over the room, crawl to it, then throw it again! It's one of his favorite things. We have a musical table thing that he enjoys. We blow bubbles. I read to him. He loves books! Especially ones with flaps and stuff. A lot of the time he just entertains himself. Maybe get a cardboard box and let him crawl through it. My son loved doing that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• the tupperware cabinet! a walker
    my kids spent hours playing with the tupperware...i once fell asleep on the couch(hubby was there) while my son spun around in his walker(that went in circles). he'd spin around for hours, stop to play with a toy on the spinny walker, then spin around for a couple more hours.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• NO WALKERs...I dont think those are even sold anymore.....Nobody recommends those anymore since a new report came out about how dangerous they are and how many injuries there are from them!
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 10:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My kids absolutely loved the walker. And they are still sold and only dangerous if you are not watching your child. They also loved the jumpers, we had one for the doorway and my mom had the jumperoo. I agree also with the tupperware cabinet, that was always a favorite as well as anything that could be stacked and knocked over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• My son loves those stacking ring things. He crawls around with one in each hand all the time. He also loves all things NOT toys. His new favorite "toy" is the shaving cream lid. He can amuse himself for a long time, and I just stay nearby. What about going to a local pool, or park? Or taking him for a walk in the stroller or carrier?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2009