What is the best breast pump?

Are there any good ones that you can get a walmart?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just make sure you get an electric breast pump. They work wonders. With my first son I tried to be cheap and bought a $40 dollar one and it never worked. I got frustrated and stopped breastfeeding so make sure you get a good pump. You can buy them at Walmart though. Go to the walmart website and search for them and read reviews.

Answer by WisconsinDiva10 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• The best manual Breast pump is the medela, Hands down.. The best electric pump i used when my dd was in picu, adema but that was hospital grade...I hear the playtex embrace is good..but I haven't used it and it is available in some walmart stores and on ther site... Keep up the good work.. Breast is best:o)

Answer by emturner at 12:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• If you are planning on returning to work and need to pump, you must get a good pump. The only good ones are the Medela Pump-in-Style or the Ameda Purely Yours. They cost about $150-$200 (or more). (nothing compared to the price of fomula!!) If you qualify for WIC, they can get you a good pump.

If you are pumping for a NICU baby, you MUST have a hospital grade pump, you need the effectiveness to keep up a good supply. You can rent those from a home health supplier for about $40 (plus the cost of attachments--but it's only a one time cost--and they will cross over to the same maker's high quality pumps I talked about above).

The ones they sell at target and walmart are terrible. Not only will they not work, but you'll damage your supply, and probably your nipples (that's NOT fun!!)

If you need anymore information, please feel free to contact me.

Answer by wearingyourbaby at 12:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I used an Ameda Purely Yours pump that I got from ebay. It was about $100 which is less than half the cost of a Medela. It was wonderful, it was comfortable and effecient. It paid for itself after about a month and I used it for both babies.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I used the Medela Pump-in-Style and I got it at Target. It is expensive but we used gift cards to buy it.

Answer by rasbneon at 9:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2008