Pregnant sick and scared!?

I'm about 6 weeks pregnant. I feel awful. I have a headache, my whole body is achy, chills, coughing, and my appetite is decreasing like crazy. Any idea what could be wrong? Should I go to the ER or wait until a doctor's open tomorrow? I don't want anything to happen to my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would wait, but that is just me. I am not a doctor and do not know your body the way you do.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Sounds like the flu. You can be sick and the baby will be fine even if you have a decrease in appetite. What you need to watch for is dehydration for yourself.

Also the swine flu is causing more complications in pregnant women so I would probably call your doctor because I think it is recommended to start Tamiflu ( news changes daily though). You have about 48 hours though to start the medicine.

Also be on the look out for any severe respiratory issues because then I would recommend going in right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Sounds like you could be sick.
    Sudafed (or benadryl), a nice warm bath and a comfy bed.
    I hope you feel better but if not, I'd call the doctor and get checked out.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• you can take robitussin, it's safe. i was sick twice in the begining of my pregnancy, that's what my doc told me was safe.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• you don't have a fever and that's what would be dangerous to the baby. it sounds like you have a cold..... drink water or gatorade and you should be fine soon. i wouldn't take any cold medicine..... i am just paranoid about medicine when i am pregnant. you can take tylenol though and drink orange juice bc vitamin c helps reduce the duration of colds
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Thanks everybody!! You have eased my mind a bit and I may be able to sleep better! =D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Aug. 4, 2009