Toilet Learning, when you child regresses do you stop? or do you continue the learning?

Hello, I have a friend that her 2 year old started out strong in the toilet learning. She barely had any accidents up until this weekend. She is continuing not to use the washroom and is having accidents everywhere. I thought telling her to just back off the toilet learning but I am not sure if that was the right thing. Anyone with any information please let me know.
Thank You so much!! :-)

maxij

Asked by maxij at 8:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wish I had an answer too!! My son does awesome for like a week, then he absolutely refuses to do anything!
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• same here! mine will do it for 2 weeks and im thinking yay done w/diapers then for a week won't even go near it. i would base it on why he's regressing if possible. like for my dd first time was when my husband deployed, next time she regressed was when i had baby # 2, now she finally got used to him and we moved. (all this has happened in the last 6 months) so i think she regresses b/c she is uncomfortable w/whatever is happening and goes back to her comfort zone. if that makes sense, so when i see her doing it b/c of that, i try not to stress it too much b/c i don't want to stress her more. when she does it b/c she just doesn't feel like stopping play time to go potty, then i don't back down on it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• KEEP GOING MY DD STARTED OFF STRONG AND THEN REGRESSED FOR A WEEK BUT I KEPT BRINGING HER TO THE POTTY ETC AND AFTER A WEEK SHE WENT BACK TO GOING BY HERSELF AND SHE HASN'T LOOKED BACK SINCE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009