Looking for an infant headrest for my car seat, what do i really need?

OK, she's going to need head support in this car seat, but there's a whole bunch of them out there, what do you use? Even better, can you find me one? lol, i'm looking on ebay at them but i dont know what kind to get.

the car seat is safari print and the baby is a girl

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 8:29 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=535668&parentCategoryId=85184&categoryId=85220&subCategoryId=86211

The above head rest is what you need. If you get anything besides that one, or one that is made EXACTLY like it then what you are buying is NOT SAFE!
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Rolled receiving blankets on the side of her. Do not use any sort of head support that did not come with the car seat. They could interfere with the harness straps, or they could slip down and get caught behind neck.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 8:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• what no way! why do they sell them then?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:20 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• they make some that look sort of like a mini-boppy pillow. They are horse shoe shaped. You do not want anything that you have to thread the straps through. Or that have the long back to them. You want something shaped like a horseshoe that goes only around the neck. Those are the only ones that are SAFE to use.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• can anyone show me what ones are not safe so i dont get those ones?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Just go to walmart or target and buy one of their infant headrests. They're safe and work well until the baby is strong enough to support his or her head. I bought 2 from target and used one in the carseat and one in the stroller.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• i'm buying everything second hand for this baby...
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I don't know about anyone else but I use infant headrests, but when we're in the car and my daughter falls asleep her head slumps forward onto her chest. The headrests don't prevent it from happening so it was pretty much a waste of money.
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 9:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2009