can glucose test cause swelling?

Today i had to take a glucose test and i'm wondering if that stuff is what made my foot swell up like this...but then again i'm wondering if its just the same problem i had exactly a month ago i haven't had any major swelling like this since then

my foot was so swollen they had me get an ultrasound on my leg to see if i had any blood clots which i didn't

also right before i got pregnant i broke my ankle and the leg that swells the most is the one i had surgery on

did anyone else that's taken a glucose test have any swelling?

MsQuiana

Asked by MsQuiana at 8:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no, it didn't for me, but i couldn't drink water for 12 hours beforehand and they say if you don't drink enough water it can make you retain...... maybe that's why? try drinking plenty of water and see if it helps in the next couple of days? also elevating your feet may help too.... gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• You know with my first pregnancy I didnt swell until after the test and with this pregnancy I have started swelling already (my test is in 2 weeks) I have often thought that maybe the 2 are linked but I have no way of proving that. With my first pregnancy I went downhill from the glucose test until birth. So far (before the test) this pregnancy I am fine. We'll see what happens after the test. Then again it may just be a coincidence that the test is this late in pregnancy and near the end of pregnancy is when all these problems tend to occur anyway. Who knows? Something to think about though.
    Elizabethsma631

Answer by Elizabethsma631 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009