Discussion starter :-)

Just because it's always SO DULL around here (*ahem*cough*cough), I thought I'd share this with y'all today. It was on the local news.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/20280444/detail.html

I know this isn't technically a "question", so some idget with too much time on their hands might get it deleted... but I thought some here might find it interesting.

Laura1229

Asked by Laura1229 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jesus's hand appeared to me on my 21st birthday.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• And you said IDGET! AHAHAHAHA.
    caitxrawks

• I'm most troubled that a paid journalist can't spell petal AND that nobody else in the whole damn company noticed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• . 4, 2009 by: NotPanicking
    I'm most troubled that a paid journalist can't spell petal AND that nobody else in the whole damn company noticed.
    ~~~~~
    If a person misspells a word and that is all that you find in this world to complain about....what ever!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:57 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• If a person misspells a word and that is all that you find in this world to complain about....what ever!

Not "a person" a journalist. Specifically the allegedly professional one who misspelled the word in the HEADLINE of that article. Is there nothing you won't whine about?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I agree with the person who mentioned the moron who misspells PETAL in the headline, LMAO.. that's hilarious.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:23 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• To be fair, the journalist who wrote the article would not have written the headline. It's spelled correctly all through the article so it's most likely a highly paid editor who made the mistake.

As for the article itself... *shrug* If it makes her feel better. Humans see pictures in random objects all the time, doesn't mean anything other than that our brains are hard wired to see patterns.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 9:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• Yes I can see how they would see the pic... and if it gives the person hope within their faith then so be it...people tend to lean on things like this when their lives are not doing so good... and they say a little hope goes along ways..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• I think it is rude to mock the woman who sees Jesus on the cross in the petal. From the picture in the article, it DOES look like that, and if that gives someone hope, like this woman and her husband who is sick with cancer, then that is great. I don't go into posts made by pagans, agnostics, atheists, or any other faiths different from my own and MOCK those who are different. I am disappointed in the meanness I have seen on this board lately. It is your right to say what you want, but it doesn't make you look like a very nice person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Aug. 4, 2009

• laughing

lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2009